Affirmations – Positive Thinking
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are short statements designed to “create” positive change in order to achieve realistic, attainable goals.
“What we think about most, we attract into our life”.
What is it you WANT in life? Imagine it. State it as if it has already happened.
• ex: “I want to calm down & relax”
• “I AM calm, I AM relaxed”
• I am calm, relaxed & confident
• I lead by example
• I make good choices
• If I have the choice to be right or kind … I choose kind
• I am neat, organized and put everything in it’s place
How to Use Affirmations:
• Focus your thoughts ONLY on what you DO want, never on what you don’t want
• Say affirmations in the present tense (i.e. I AM…)
• Be confident / imagine / believe they have already happened
• If possible, say out loud, Repeat over and over
• Write them down, view throughout the day (desk, mirror, fridge, car, etc).
Affirmations can help you change negative thoughts, beliefs and CHANGE Behavior: (examples)
• Stress, anxiety, depression, pain relief
• Lose weight, stop smoking faster
• Help for relaxation / sleep disorders
• How to be more healthy in life
• Change life, make better choices
• Heal / Recovery: Emotional, Physical, Spiritual
• Find Strength, Confidence, Peace & Hope in life
Positive Affirmations for Change, Strength, Confidence & Health
Uses: Change behavior, positive thinking, confidence